Ok, on the intake hose there is a tube (2 on the 90-1 models) the one with the little black valve thing. Now each of the two times I first got my Tegs I always checked out the tubes. Ok, the valve have a pic with an arrow pointing in one direction to the valve. I'm not sure where exactly it is supposed to point, but I turn mine so the arrow points away from the intake hose and to the dashpot (you may not know what it is but you will when you see it). Anyhow, in each case on my two Tegs they arrow was pointed toward the intake hose and I reversed it, which cut my gas from (93 octane) $15 every 6-7 days to every 9-10 days. May not be significant for most but I was spending $60 a month on gas and now only $45-50.




Like I said in both cases that is where the arrow pointed so maybe I brought it back to the original configuration, maybe not. I any case I'm sure you guys would like to save on gas.



The only difference I feel is a very slight power decrease below 1000 rpm, and if you drive in this range frequently you don't really drive a Teg. Trust me, the car is not going to start shutting off or anything.



Anyways, to be more specific whether or not the direction of the arrow is stock or not I do not know, but on my first car (91) I re-arranged the valve so that the arrow was facing the intake (or pointing left if you are standing in front of the car).